- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated spinach or cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute broccoli and carrots in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and garlic; saute vegetables 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce and seasonings; heat through. Drain tortellini; add to chicken mixture. Toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
Sort By :
This turned out really well. The tortellini and pasta sauce give it a rich flavor and the dish tastes wonderful with fresh vegetables. But it's not quick and easy, especially if you are a busy mom. It took more time to make than anticipated.
This is fantastic, I have used Egg Noodles, Penne or Rotini and added some Philly Herb & Garlic Cooking Cream Cheese. It is so good for leftovers too. Make this at least once a week and I am only one person eating it.
Great idea, but this turned out just like the 'bag-o-meals' I buy as a backup when I have nothing to cook or just really don't care and need something to make. Ya know, those frozen dinners in a bag that you just throw on the stove top and cook for like 15 minutes and viola dinner is done for 2. So not too impressed with the recipe. It was also very bland in flavor. Not going to save this recipe.
It was really good, but I think next time, I'll do more tortellini and less onion.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Alfredo >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >