Chicken Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the water, broccoli, onion and garlic. Bring to a boil; boil for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook chicken until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Add to broccoli mixture. stir in the tomato juice, beans, corn, ketchup and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with bacon and cheese if desired. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup: 139 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 741mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Chicken Tomato Soup
"We really enjoy this soup! It's light yet filling meal."