I originally invented this scrumptious dish to celebrate a friend's 21st birthday, and it has since become a quick and easy family favorite. —Karen Kuebler, Dallas, TX
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 lime wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery leaves
- Hot pepper sauce and celery salt, optional
- Pound chicken thighs slightly with a meat mallet to uniform thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In same pan, add celery; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to pan. Add tomatoes, vodka, lime peel, lime juice and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Serve with lime wedges, celery leaves and, if desired, hot pepper sauce and celery salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Vodka Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p124
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Tomato-Vodka Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review