Whether you’re serving your family or special guests, this comforting entree hits the spot on cold winter nights. —Joanna Iovino, Kings Park, New York
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, celery and onion. Top with chicken and sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, garlic, hot sauce, seasonings and, if desired, browning sauce. Spoon over meats. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Thighs with Sausage in Healthy Cooking December/January 2011, p43
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review