Chicken Thighs with Sausage Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the carrots, celery and onion. Top with chicken and sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, garlic, hot sauce, seasonings and, if desired, browning sauce. Spoon over meats. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Sausage(9)
Sort By :
very good. next time will omit liquid browning as it gave the dish a rather unpleasant appearance.
I used Italian sausage...nixed the allspice, used fennel seed. Excellent dinner for family or company. I made roasted potatoes as a side dish, and made a chicken potato salad with the leftovers.
I thought the spices were much too strong, no one in my family liked it.
Excellent flavor combination. My family thought it was great. I made it in the oven instead of a crock pot, with the same tender results.
Excellent flavor. My family thought it was great.
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >