Chicken Thighs with Ginger-Peach Sauce
This sweet and sour chicken main dish has become a favorite recipe to prepare on Sunday. It's easy to prepare and requires very little clean up, plus the slow cooker leaves me plenty of time to do other things.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top
- with peaches and raisins. In a small bowl, combine the preserves,
- chili sauce, ginger, soy sauce and garlic. Spoon over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve
- with rice if desired.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 314 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.