This sweet and sour chicken main dish has become a favorite recipe to prepare on Sunday. It's easy to prepare and requires very little clean up, plus the slow cooker leaves me plenty of time to do other things.—Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with peaches and raisins. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, chili sauce, ginger, soy sauce and garlic. Spoon over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Thighs With Ginger-Peach Sauce in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Thighs with Ginger-Peach Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review