Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth, optional
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour; gradually add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and wine if desired. Fold in the chicken and spaghetti.
- Turn into a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Tetrazzini
Sort By :
"This was just ok to us."
"I cut this in half because it serves 8 and it's just my husband and me.......I don't think there will be enough for both of us. Getting ready to put it in oven....will update after eating"
"I used ham, even my kids liked it. And so easy! Loved it."
"Don't use cinnamon as a substitute for nutmeg."
"I used cooking sherry instead of the white wine but other than that followed the recipe as written. Delicious!!!"