- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, peas and carrots, and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Chicken Tater Bake
"tastes just like a chicken pot pie without the crust. Really easy and delicious!"
"Very very good perfect the way it is but I also did one can of mushroom soup and one chicken."
"I made this as part of a freezer cooking day and froze both pans and followed the recipe exactly. We just had one last night for supper and it was delicious. However, it took a lot longer to bake than indicated. I had it in the oven for 2-1/4 hours (and I even increased the temperature part way through). It was definitely worth the wait though - my husband loved it and ate 2 large portions."
"Oh my GOOD!! I didn't make any changes.... perfect!"
"okay- could use a little more seasonings."