Chicken Tater Bake Recipe
Please everyone in the family with this warm and comforting dish that tastes like a chicken potpie with a Tater Tot crust!—Fran Allen of St. Louis, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, peas and carrots, and 1 cup cheese.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 4. To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
1 serving equals 356 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 844 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC