- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, peas and carrots, and 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in.-square baking dishes. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Chicken Tater Bake
Sort By :
"Oh my GOOD!! I didn't make any changes.... perfect!"
"okay- could use a little more seasonings."
"Super easy and yummy! I used 1 can cream of chicken and 1 cream of mushroom. I also used frozen mixed vegetables. I added some garlic pepper and garlic powder to the soup mixture as it cooked which added to the flavor."
"This recipe is excellent. It's easy, inexpensive and full of flavor."
"Great recipe for busy weeks! I made it on Sunday in a 9x13 pan and froze the whole thing. Baked it on Thursday....love how you don't have to thaw it first. This is a keeper and a go to for extra busy weeks."