This easy-to-fix entree combines moist chicken breasts with zucchini, carrots and mushrooms. "I love tarragon, so I make this dish often," says Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 small carrots, julienned
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 teaspoons butter. Place the vegetables in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- Melt the remaining butter; stir in the tarragon, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Tarragon in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p13
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Tarragon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review