Chicken Tamale Pie Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a bowl, combine muffin mix, egg and milk; add cheese. Spread in the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine soup, chicken, corn, onions, chilies, garlic and chili powder; heat through. Immediately pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is hot. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 382 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 911 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.