Chicken Tamale Pie Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a bowl, combine muffin mix, egg and milk; add cheese. Spread in the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- In a saucepan, combine soup, chicken, corn, onions, chilies, garlic and chili powder; heat through. Immediately pour into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is hot. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Tamale Pie(2)
Sort By :
Very good! I added a bit more chili pepper and used olives instead of green onion because that is what I had on hand. Even my picky son said it was something he would eat again. Winner!
I had been looking for a Tamale Pie recipe without ground beef for my husband. I had tried several other chicken tamale recipes, they were all terrible. This on the other hand, my husband said that this was as good as his mother used to make. That was music to my ears. AWESOME RECIPE! Tastes wonderful!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >