Chicken Tacos Recipe
Even finicky eaters love "Taco Night" because they can add toppings to suit their tastes. In this recipe, chicken is coated with taco seasoning and then stir-fried, so the zesty flavor really shines through.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese
- Salsa, optional
- 1. Place taco seasoning in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, in batches, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in remaining butter for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken; spoon into taco shells. Top with lettuce and cheese. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,034 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC