“This recipe is not only light and tasty but also absolutely delicious,” writes Jenny Flake from Gilbert, Arizona. “The pineapple and mango are bursting with flavor and add great taste to these zesty chicken tacos.”
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic seasoning blend
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- For pico de gallo, in a small bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, cilantro, onion, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken, cumin, seasoning blend and remaining salt until heated through. Spoon 1/4 cup onto each tortilla. Fold in sides. Serve with pico de gallo. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Pico de Gallo in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p26
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Pico de Gallo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review