- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Brown chicken. Add water, sugar and seasonings. Cook 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, gently mix avocado, corn, tomatoes and lime juice. Spoon chicken mixture into taco shells; top with avocado salsa.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Sort By :
"This is probably my favorite at-home taco recipe I've tried. I did add a jalape?o to the salsa."
"Great for a quick, healthy dinner! However, if you had the time I think the salsa could have a lot more flavor just by adding some cilantro, onion, maybe a little jalape?o and salt. For additional garnishes for the tacos, we had sliced black olives, lettuce, onion and Greek yogurt (to substitute for sour cream). Like another reviewer, I did not have lime juice so I used lemon juice which was fine but I'm sure the lime juice would be a lot tastier :P Will definitely make again!"
"I found these to a be a great, quick dinner!"
"Very yummy! Loved the salsa. Will definitley make it again."
"The chicken was delicious - it will be my go to chicken recipe for tacos even if I don't make the salsa."