- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Brown chicken. Add water, sugar and seasonings. Cook 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, gently mix avocado, corn, tomatoes and lime juice. Spoon chicken mixture into taco shells; top with avocado salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Sort By :
"I found these to a be a great, quick dinner!"
"Very yummy! Loved the salsa. Will definitley make it again."
"The chicken was delicious - it will be my go to chicken recipe for tacos even if I don't make the salsa."
"Easy enough for my husband to make! Tasted good and the kids could customize their toppings."
"This was fabulous! I added mushrooms and a can of black beans to the chicken mixture, and I added some diced zucchini to the avocado salsa. I served it with regular salsa and chipotle tobasco. YUM! This will be a keeper that we will make frequently in our home."