Chicken Taco Salad Recipe
"This refreshing recipe is totally flexible," Lillian Julow writes from Gainesville, Florida. "You can use yellow onion instead of red, lemon juice instead of lime and Monterey Jack instead of cheddar cheese. Don't like hot sauce? Leave it out. I believe in making a recipe your own."
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat; add chicken. Poach, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain and cool slightly. Cut chicken into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, onion, lime juice, oil, pepper sauce, lime peel, taco seasoning and chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss the chicken mixture with the lettuce, tomato, cheese and peanuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >