Chicken Taco Ring Recipe
If you want to wow your guests with southwestern zest, try this eye-catching appetizer. I serve it with salsa and sour cream toppings in small homemade tortilla bowls. —Kathy Martinez, Enid, Oklahoma
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 2 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium lime, halved and sliced
- 1. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan. Unroll crescent dough. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup tortilla chips; press down gently. Separate into 16 triangles.
- 2. Place wide end of one triangle, chip side down, 3 in. from edge of prepared pan, with point overhanging edge of pan. Repeat with remaining triangles, overlapping the wide ends (dough will look like a sun when complete). Lightly press wide ends together.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, mayonnaise, chilies, olives, tomato, taco seasoning, lime juice and remaining tortilla chips. Spoon over wide ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, tomatoes and lime. Yield: 16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC