Chicken Taco Rice Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Optional Toppings: reduced-fat sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the broth, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional toppin: 485 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1535mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Chicken Taco Rice
"I made this a couple of weeks ago. My family loved it. My husband asked me to make it again for dinner tonight!"
"My guys loved this! I left out the green pepper because it bothers my husband's stomach. I didn't happen to have canned broth around, so I used bouillon. It still came out great!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.