Chicken Taco Rice Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Optional Toppings: reduced-fat sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, pepper and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the broth, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Rice(3)
Sort By :
I made this a couple of weeks ago. My family loved it. My husband asked me to make it again for dinner tonight!
My guys loved this! I left out the green pepper because it bothers my husband's stomach. I didn't happen to have canned broth around, so I used bouillon. It still came out great!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >