Chicken Taco Quiche Recipe
I wanted to make a quiche but didn't want the usual flavors, so I used ingredients I had in my pantry and refrigerator to come up with this recipe. I was surprised at the great taste and how well the flavors came together. My neighbor asked for the recipe and had the same success! —Tamie Bradford, Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 4 minutes longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine chicken and one envelope taco seasoning; spoon into pastry shells. Top with salsa and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, butter and remaining taco seasoning. Stir in chilies and olives. Pour over cheese.
Cover edge of quiches loosely with foil; place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 33-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiches. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Place quiches on baking sheets; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Reviews for Chicken Taco Quiche
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC