- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes. Remove foil; bake 4 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and one envelope taco seasoning; spoon into pastry shells. Top with salsa and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, butter and remaining taco seasoning. Stir in chilies and olives. Pour over cheese.
- Cover edge of quiches loosely with foil; place on baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 33-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Quiche
Sort By :
"Whole family really liked it."
"I made this, however I cut the recipe in half making one quiche. I used chicken I had cooked in my slow-cooker with tomato paste and chili powder and cumin. I used less cheese and made a taco seasoning (salt free) which I found on this site. Very delicious warm, and found out today it is equally as good cold. I would eat this for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Oh, and I just tossed all the taco season in with the chicken instead of using 1/2 in the egg mixture. Left out the olives and green chilies."
"cherstad you may want to get a thermometer for your oven. Having grown up with quiche as a standard dish for the dinner table, and now having an adult child of my own having quiche as an often meal, I can tell you that there is no way it should have taken 80 minutes to cook, especially at 400! Your oven must be off. I have never had to bake a quiche for more than 45 minutes tops even at 350."
"On the menu for tonight....for about the tenth time over the last couple years. Love it!!"