- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate to form a crust, sealing seams well. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, green chilies, water and salsa; bring to a boil.
- Spoon into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce, peppers, tomato, green onion and pickled jalapeno. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Pie
Sort By :
"This was so good! Very easy to make. I made it without jalapenos and green onions. More likely to serve 4, than 6."
"Very simple to put together and so good that my husband & I ate almost the whole thing. If your family are big eaters......double the recipe!"
"Very good recipe:)"
"We made this and it was very good A+++"