Chicken Taco Pie Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno slices
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. pie plate to form a crust, sealing seams well. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, green chilies, water and salsa; bring to a boil.
- 3. Spoon into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 4. Top with lettuce, peppers, tomato, green onion and pickled jalapeno. Serve with sour cream and additional salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece (calculated without sour cream and: 328 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1122mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Chicken Taco Pie
"This was a very delicious recipe. Loved it! I used some left over cooked chicken breasts I had on hand and shredded it up. Then just browned up the shredded pieces with the spices and followed the rest of the recipe. It is best to let it set a bit before cutting. This was great cold too. I enjoyed it for my lunch the next day."
"We really liked this. Good amount of vegetables and flavor. Served 4 of us with about 1/4 of the pie leftover."
"This is such a great and easy recipe. I love this recipe. Flavors go so well together. Ground turkey works well too."
"I like playing with recipes, that's why I don't like baking, this is so versatile you can use beef if you like. Either way I add 1 can of refried beans heated in a hot pan with some bacon fat for flavor and 1/4 cup or so of grated sharp cheddar. While the beans are hot and spread easily I put them on the crust first then add the beef or chicken then a can of drained sliced olives and top everything off with a good full cup of either grated pepper jack, sharp Cheddar or a combo of both. I adjust the seasonings to our tastes but you can use whatever you like. 2 or 3 diced Serrano peppers and some chopped onion added to the beef or chicken while it's cooking amps up the spice factor. I buy extra lean ground beef so I never drain it after it's cooked, you need some fat for flavor. I have used a pre baked pie crust in the past but the crescent dough gives it more of a puffy taco texture. Like another member noted, this makes 4 not 6 servings."
"This was so good! Very easy to make. I made it without jalapenos and green onions. More likely to serve 4, than 6."
"Very simple to put together and so good that my husband & I ate almost the whole thing. If your family are big eaters......double the recipe!"
"Very good recipe:)"
"We made this and it was very good A+++"