Chicken Taco Cups Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Sour cream, chopped green onions and chopped ripe olives, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the chicken over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a food processor; cover and process until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, onion, half of the salsa and 1 cup cheese.
- 3. Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of chicken mixture into cups; top with remaining salsa and cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and olives if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
One serving (2 each) equals 124 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Taco Cups
"Amazing recipe, they were gone in no time. Thanks for sharing!!"
"Nice recipe :)"
"I made these tonight & I made the mistake of using a tsp of taco seasoning. I did use leftover turkey & chopped it real fine. Going to make this again though with more taco seasoning."
"These were so good! I need to get a food processor to make the prep a little easier. These didn't last long at all!!"
"These sure don't taste light! Very tasty and the won ton wrappers are nice and crispy."
"Wonderful! Used the "stuffing" for a grilled chicken pizza."
"I love this recipe and it's a big hit for the parties I've brought it too! I used canned chicken as well and it works great in a pinch!"
"Was THE hit of our Christmas Eve gathering!"
"This recipe is excellent, looks pretty and there are never any leftovers. I have substituted pre-formed filo cups for the wonton wrappers which was quicker and also excellent."
"When I asked my husband what to rate this receipe, he said a definite 5! Very tasty, and I will definitely make again on another game day."
"These were very flavorful and a hit with all ages! Will make again and again."
"My husband loved these taco cups! They were great because I could make them ahead of time and then just assemble and bake right before serving them."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.