Chicken Taco Burgers
This moist chicken burger offers a kick of southwest flavor. Top with avocado, jalapeno, salsa and cheese. Ole!
Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- SOUTHWEST BURGER TOPPINGS:
- 4 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble chicken
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side
- or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Top
- with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Serve on buns with avocado, jalapeno and salsa. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 468 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 952 mg sodium,