Chicken Swiss Bundles Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the chicken, peppers, mustard and seasonings; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- 2. Flatten each roll into a 5-in. circle. Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of six circles. Brush edges with water; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal.
Place on greased baking sheets; brush with butter. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cut bundles in half to serve.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked bundles on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, bake bundles as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 chicken bundle equals 214 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.