Chicken Sweet Potato Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, toasted
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Uncover; sprinkle with cranberries. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 399 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Sweet Potato Stew
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.