The fragrant aroma of this dish will have your family gathering in the kitchen before it's done. And, it's so easy to do. Place the ingredients in a Dutch oven and bake! —Veronica Gantley, Norfolk, Virginia
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, toasted
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with cranberries. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Sweet Potato Stew in Taste of Home Fall 2012
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Sweet Potato Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review