"I received this wonderful recipe from a friend at church," says Candace Black of Durham, North Carolina. A light breading seals in the juices of tender chicken breasts, making them special enough to serve company. Sliced almonds top off the eye-catching entree.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another
- shallow bowl, beat the egg whites. Dip chicken in egg whites, then
- coat with crumb mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle almonds over chicken. Spritz with butter-flavored spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 224 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.