Chicken Supreme with Gravy Recipe
- 1-1/2 bunches celery, diced (about 6 cups)
- 6 medium onions, diced (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 3 loaves day-old white bread (1-1/2 pounds each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 12 eggs
- 9 cups 2% milk
- 24 cups diced cooked chicken (about 6 chickens)
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 9 to 10 cups water
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In several Dutch ovens, saute celery and onions in butter.
- 2. Meanwhile, in several large bowls, combine bread, salt, sage, baking powder and pepper; toss to coat. Stir in celery mixture. Beat eggs and milk; add to bread mixture.
- 3. Divide half the chicken among four 13x9-in. greased baking dishes. Cover with half the bread mixture. Repeat layers. Pour broth into each dish.
- 4. Cover and bake 70 minutes or until hot and bubbly; uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- 5. For gravy, in a stockpot, combine soup and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 70-80 servings.
1 each: 182 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Supreme with Gravy
"I would love to try this but I would like a serving size of about 8-10. I guess I can just use the ingredients and downsize it"
"I make this for our church suppers and it's one of the favorites! I would recommend adding less milk until you see if you need it all or it could get soupy. I serve this with mashed potatoes, gravy, a vegetable and cranberry sauce. It's a real crowd pleaser!"
"I'm feeding the homeless this week... thrilled to have a recipe that I can double and feed 150!! Thank you!"
"I agree! It sounds AWESOME!But I have 3 in my family.Cindy"
"Sounds good but shouldn't this recipe be scaled down a bit? Most people don't cook for 70-80 very often."