Chicken Supreme with Gravy Recipe
- 1-1/2 bunches celery, diced (about 6 cups)
- 6 medium onions, diced (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups butter, cubed
- 3 loaves day-old white bread (1-1/2 pounds each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 9 cups 2% milk
- 24 cups diced cooked chicken (about 6 chickens)
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 9 to 10 cups water
- In several Dutch ovens, saute celery and onions in butter. Meanwhile, in several large bowls, combine the bread, salt, sage, baking powder and pepper; toss to coat. Stir in celery mixture. Beat eggs and milk; add to bread mixture.
- Divide half of the chicken among four 13-in. x 9-in. greased baking dishes. Cover with half of the bread mixture. Repeat layers. Pour broth into each dish.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 70 minutes or until hot and bubbly; uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- For gravy, in a stockpot, combine soup and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 70-80 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Supreme with Gravy(5)
Sort By :
I would love to try this but I would like a serving size of about 8-10. I guess I can just use the ingredients and downsize it
I make this for our church suppers and it's one of the favorites! I would recommend adding less milk until you see if you need it all or it could get soupy. I serve this with mashed potatoes, gravy, a vegetable and cranberry sauce. It's a real crowd pleaser!
I'm feeding the homeless this week... thrilled to have a recipe that I can double and feed 150!! Thank you!
I agree! It sounds AWESOME!
But I have 3 in my family.
Sounds good but shouldn't this recipe be scaled down a bit? Most people don't cook for 70-80 very often.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >