"I received this wonderful recipe from a friend at church," says Candace Black of Durham, North Carolina. A light breading seals in the juices of tender chicken breasts, making them special enough to serve company. Sliced almonds top off the eye-catching entree.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg whites. Dip chicken in egg whites, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle almonds over chicken. Spritz with butter-flavored spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Supreme in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p52
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review