Chicken Stuffing Casserole Recipe
"As a busy mom of two small children, I try to find quick satisfying meals that my family will enjoy," says Susan VanHorn of Greensboro, North Carolina. "This hearty chicken bake is simple and delicious."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Toss the stuffing and butter; spread half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a large bowl, combine the soups, broth, potatoes and carrots; spread evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 455 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,170 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC