"As a busy mom of two small children, I try to find quick satisfying meals that my family will enjoy," says Susan VanHorn of Greensboro, North Carolina. "This hearty chicken bake is simple and delicious."
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Toss the stuffing and butter; spread half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a large bowl, combine the soups, broth, potatoes and carrots; spread evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stuffing Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p54
Reviews for Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review