"As a busy mom of two small children, I try to find quick satisfying meals that my family will enjoy," says Susan VanHorn of Greensboro, North Carolina. "This hearty chicken bake is simple and delicious."
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add potatoes and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- Toss the stuffing and butter; spread half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. In a large bowl, combine the soups, broth, potatoes and carrots; spread evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stuffing Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p54
Reviews for Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2013
"This was really good served with biscuits and broccoli on the side."
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2009
"My husband really really liked this recipe. He said that it reminded him of a good pot pie."