- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese. In a small bowl, combine soup and wine; spoon over cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine croutons and butter; sprinkle over soup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Stuffing Bake
Sort By :
This was a good and quick weeknight meal. I made it on the stovetop but I generously seasoned my chicken with pepper, season salt and garlic when cooking for more flavor.
I would make this again as it had good flavor, but will mix the stuffing mix with the soup and wine before putting it over the cheese as it came out somewhat dry.
I didn't have cream of chicken so I tried cream of celery and I only used 2 tsp of butter. This recipe was quick & easy but the chicken didn't stand out at all and it seemed the croutons were the star of this dish and I don't think cream of chicken would wow me over. Thanks.