- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese. In a small bowl, combine soup and wine; spoon over cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine stuffing cubes and butter; sprinkle over soup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Stuffing Bake
Sort By :
"This was pretty tasty but the cheese melted completely away. I don't know if there was something wrong with my chicken breasts but they were a little tough in this recipe. I sliced them horizontally into cutlets so they were quite thin and I thought they would be tender. I would try the recipe again to confirm. There was plenty of sauce which was a plus."
"This was a good and quick weeknight meal. I made it on the stovetop but I generously seasoned my chicken with pepper, season salt and garlic when cooking for more flavor."
"I didn't have cream of chicken so I tried cream of celery and I only used 2 tsp of butter. This recipe was quick & easy but the chicken didn't stand out at all and it seemed the croutons were the star of this dish and I don't think cream of chicken would wow me over. Thanks."