- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with cheese. In a small bowl, combine soup and wine; spoon over cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine stuffing cubes and butter; sprinkle over soup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Stuffing Bake
"I have been making this recipe for years. In the summer, when there is plenty of squash, I like cubing up either yellow (preferred) or zucchini) and adding to the soup mixture. I don't peel either type of squash. Instead of the stuffing cubes, I have used the package of stove top dressing. It is well seasoned and goes well with the soup and chicken. My family loves this recipe."
"I prepared this recipe for dinner tonight and it is a winner. I followed the recipe except I used chicken broth instead of wine since I didn't have any open. The dressing tends to slide off the chicken while cooking but if serving guests, you can spoon it back on top easily. I only made two chicken breasts for the two of us. We will be having this again. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"This was pretty tasty but the cheese melted completely away. I don't know if there was something wrong with my chicken breasts but they were a little tough in this recipe. I sliced them horizontally into cutlets so they were quite thin and I thought they would be tender. I would try the recipe again to confirm. There was plenty of sauce which was a plus."
"This was very good! My family loved it!"
"One of my favorites!"