Chicken Stuffed with Walnuts, Apples & Brie Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Add apple; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until apple is golden brown. Remove from the heat; add walnuts, rosemary, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper. Place apple mixture and Brie on half of each chicken breast; fold chicken over. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- In the same skillet, brown chicken in remaining butter. Stir in vinegar and 1/4 cup apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; discard toothpicks. Combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Stuffed with Walnuts, Apples & Brie(4)
Sort By :
Loved the flavors!! Couldn't taste the brie, though. Will make this again!
This recipe is wonderful! It is relatively simple to make and elegant. It only took a quarter of an apple to make the 1/2 cup of chopped apple, so we thinly sliced the remaining apple and added it to the sauce -it made a lovely garnish to go on top. The sauce was slightly acidic for our tastes, so we added a spoonful of honey to cut the acidity.
Quite tasty! I would make this again and try some new substitutions for excitement. :D
My family's palate did not enjoy the combination of sweet and savory of this recipe! If I were to make this dish again, I would omit the rosemary and probably substitute chicken broth for the vinegar. In my opinion, a less acidic gravy would be a much better choice for this dish in order to appreciate the blend of brie, walnuts and apples.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Dinner Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >