When I want a simple-to-do weeknight dinner, I often turn to chicken. In this recipe, the stuffing combines sweet and savory flavors, and the sauce makes the dish memorable.—Nicole Pavelich, Lexington, Kentucky
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Add apple; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until apple is golden brown. Remove from the heat; add walnuts, rosemary, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper. Place apple mixture and Brie on half of each chicken breast; fold chicken over. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- In the same skillet, brown chicken in remaining butter. Stir in vinegar and 1/4 cup apple juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; discard toothpicks. Combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stuffed with Walnuts, Apples & Brie in Country Woman August/September 2010, p39
Reviews for Chicken Stuffed with Walnuts, Apples & Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review