Chicken Stuffed with Broccolini & Cheese Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 8 Broccolini stalks or 2/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Place two stalks of broccolini lengthwise down the center of each chicken breast; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold over and secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and parsley. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed chicken breast half equals 275 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.