Chicken Stuffed with Broccolini & Cheese Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 8 Broccolini stalks or 2/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Place two stalks of broccolini lengthwise down the center of each chicken breast; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold over and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and parsley. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Stuffed with Broccolini & Cheese
Sort By :
I sliced regular broccoli into long spears and sauteed with some carrot matchsticks (in butter & olive oil)....instead of leaving raw. Chix was tender and moist...and the crumb-coating? Oooh-la-lah!
Like the other commenter said, not as labor intensive as it first appeared. Quite good. Would be a great dinner for guests. It looks beautiful on the plate.
Very yummy and not as labor intensive as I first thought it would be.