- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 8 Broccolini stalks or 2/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Place two stalks of broccolini lengthwise down the center of each chicken breast; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold over and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and parsley. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Stuffed with Broccolini & Cheese
"I rolled the filled chicken in a light ranch dressing then into crumbs."
"I sliced regular broccoli into long spears and sauteed with some carrot matchsticks (in butter & olive oil)....instead of leaving raw. Chix was tender and moist...and the crumb-coating? Oooh-la-lah!"
"Like the other commenter said, not as labor intensive as it first appeared. Quite good. Would be a great dinner for guests. It looks beautiful on the plate."
"Very yummy and not as labor intensive as I first thought it would be."