My version of Chicken Cordon Bleu uses broccolini in the filling and panko for crunch. Broccolini looks like small broccoli, but we think it's a little sweeter and more tender. —Cher Schwartz, Ellisville, Missouri
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 8 Broccolini stalks or 2/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Place two stalks of broccolini lengthwise down the center of each chicken breast; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold over and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and parsley. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg white mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spritz tops of chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stuffed with Broccolini & Cheese in Taste of Home November 2011, p40
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Stuffed with Broccolini & Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review