Nancy MacLeod of Boynton Beach, Florida turns garden-fresh tomatoes into a sensational summer meal when she fills them with this creamy chicken salad. “I came up with this recipe when I had a lot of fresh tomatoes on hand,” she relates.
“It’s great for lunch or dinner with a side salad and some crusty bread.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2-3/4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving
- a 1/2-in. shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, carrot and onions. Combine
- mayonnaise and ranch dressing; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into
- tomatoes. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 548 calories, 42 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 826 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.