Nancy MacLeod of Boynton Beach, Florida turns garden-fresh tomatoes into a sensational summer meal when she fills them with this creamy chicken salad. “I came up with this recipe when I had a lot of fresh tomatoes on hand,” she relates. “It’s great for lunch or dinner with a side salad and some crusty bread.”
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2-3/4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, carrot and onions. Combine mayonnaise and ranch dressing; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into tomatoes. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Stuffed Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken-Stuffed Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review