- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2-3/4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, carrot and onions. Combine mayonnaise and ranch dressing; stir into chicken mixture. Spoon into tomatoes. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken-Stuffed Tomatoes
Sort By :
"I had in my mind when I decided to fix this that it would be better warm with toast points on the side which is how I served it and everyone loved it. Everything I had was basically cooked except the tomato so I added a little rosemary and omitted the walnuts (only because of my family's tastes) and I put the stuffed tomatoes in the oven for about 20 minutes on 300."
"I did not really care for this at all. Maybe it would have been better as a sandwich on toast; but I will not be making again."
"I ended up just putting this on toasted bread. Basically a chicken salad sandwich. The ranch really made this good. We will be using this recipe for sandwiches again!"