Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers
Here's a different take on traditional stuffed peppers. I substituted chicken for the beef and used Cubanelle peppers in place of the green peppers that are usually featured in such a dish. -Ron Burlingame of Canton, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 6 Cubanelle peppers or mild banana peppers
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the
- eggs, salsa, chicken, bread crumbs and rice. Spoon into peppers.
- Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and an 8-in. square baking dish
- with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in larger pan and
- 1/2 cup sauce in smaller pan. Place peppers over sauce. Spoon
- remaining spaghetti sauce over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until peppers are
- tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed pepper equals 230 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable,