Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers Recipe
- 6 Cubanelle peppers or mild banana peppers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa, chicken, bread crumbs and rice. Spoon into peppers.
- 2. Coat a 13x9-in. baking dish and an 8-in.-square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in larger pan and 1/2 cup sauce in smaller pan. Place peppers over sauce. Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over peppers.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until peppers are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed pepper equals 230 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.