Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers Recipe
- 6 Cubanelle peppers or mild banana peppers
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups meatless pasta sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix eggs, chicken, salsa, bread crumbs and rice. Spoon into peppers.
- 2. Spread pasta sauce onto bottom of a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with peppers. Bake, covered, 60-65 minutes or until peppers are tender and a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads at least 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed pepper: 230 calories, 4g fat (1g sat. fat), 125mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 20g carbohydrates (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chicken-Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers
"Made as-is. A keeper"
"may try adding black beans next time to increase fiber, but very good."
"might try adding some black beans to increase fiber for next time, but very good and not spicy"
"I used banana peppers. I split the peppers open and stuffed them that way. They were very good; espically for a low fat recipe"
"I made these today but used Rotel instead of the spaghetti sauce. So good."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.