Chicken Strips Milano Recipe
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in 4-1/2 teaspoons oil for 1 minute. Stir in parsley and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, basil, salt and remaining pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dredge chicken strips in flour mixture, then dip in eggs.
- 4. In the same skillet, cook and stir chicken in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 5. Drain linguine; place on a serving platter. Pour garlic mixture over linguine and toss to coat; top with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken with 3/4 cup linguine equals 441 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.