Chicken Strips Milano Recipe
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in 4-1/2 teaspoons oil for 1 minute. Stir in parsley and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Remove to a small bowl and set aside.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, basil, salt and remaining pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Dredge chicken strips in flour mixture, then dip in eggs.
- 4. In the same skillet, cook and stir chicken in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 5. Drain linguine; place on a serving platter. Pour garlic mixture over linguine and toss to coat; top with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken with 3/4 cup linguine: 441 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Strips Milano
"Don't think I'll try again. We had this last night for dinner but it was just so-so. The chicken had a decent taste (I wasn't sure if the dredging process was right or if it was a mis-print to flour first THEN dip in egg??) but the pasta had almost no flavor and it seemed very dry even after I added more olive oil. Sorry - I wanted this recipe to work out, it looked good."
"Tastes too 'eggy.' Might be better if dipped in egg before coating with seasoned flour, but not interested in trying, again."
"I wish there was a double rating system for some of these recipes. When I make a recipe for the first time, I try to follow exactly. Hubby & I agree. The chicken was excellent. The pasta not so. The pasta would definitely be better with a regular scampi sauce. The recipe also says 'pour' garlic mixture over linguini'. What's to pour with the minimal amount of oil used. Had to boost that. Maybe should have used chicken broth instead of oil. 5 stars for the chicken, 0 stars for the pasta. Sorry."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.