Chicken Strawberry Spinach Salad
From Caldwell, Idaho, Ginger Ellsworth sends this pretty spinach salad topped with grilled chicken, strawberries and almonds in a sweet poppy-seed dressing. Made in moments, it’s a refreshing lunch or light supper for two.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place chicken on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in.
- x 15 in.). Combine broth and 1 tablespoon poppy seed dressing; spoon
- over chicken. Fold edges of foil around chicken mixture, leaving
- center open. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or
- until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, romaine and strawberries. Add
- the chicken and remaining poppy seed dressing; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 438 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 39 g protein.