From Caldwell, Idaho, Ginger Ellsworth sends this pretty spinach salad topped with grilled chicken, strawberries and almonds in a sweet poppy-seed dressing. Made in moments, it’s a refreshing lunch or light supper for two.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place chicken on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 15 in.). Combine broth and 1 tablespoon poppy seed dressing; spoon over chicken. Fold edges of foil around chicken mixture, leaving center open. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, romaine and strawberries. Add the chicken and remaining poppy seed dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Strawberry Spinach Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Strawberry Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review