Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 head bok choy (16 ounces)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut off and discard root end of bok choy. Cut leaves from stalks; coarsely chop and set aside. Cut stalks into 1-in. pieces.
- 3. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Stir-fry the bok choy stalks, celery, peppers and onion in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add bok choy leaves; stir-fry 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in teriyaki sauce. Add chicken and spaghetti; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 434 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer