One night, while trying to tend to both dinner and our son, Clarke, I opted to use frozen vegetables in my chicken stir-fry. Not wanting to stand watch over the stovetop, I baked the entree in the oven. The guests say this entree tastes like it's hot from the skillet.—Carly Carter, Nashville, Tennessee
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place rice in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Layer with the water chestnuts, chicken and vegetables. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over top. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Stir-Fry Bake in Country Woman January/February 2001, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Stir-Fry Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review